ROSEWOOD MIDDLE SCHOOL
Teacher: Kay Price
Grade Level: Eighth
Subject: Eighth Grade Math
Conference Time: Monday- Thursday 1:30-2:20
Eighth grade mathematics will focus on the number system, expressions and equations, functions, geometry, and statistics and probability.
- Students will understand and apply rational and irrational numbers.
- Students will know and apply rules for integer exponents, and be able to graph, solve and analyze linear equations.
- Students will define, evaluate, and compare functions.
- Students will understand congruent and similar figures, understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem, and solve problems involving volume.
- Students will investigate, construct, and interpret data.
MATERIALS & FEES
Fees: $20.00 (Vocabulary Book, Planner, Lock Fee)
Binder and paper
1 three subject composition book
4 AAA batteries
Wish list: tissue and paper towels
TI-83 or TI-84calculator (recommended)
CLASSROOM PROCEDURES AND RULES
Students of Price, Braswell and Smith must use the front door to enter or exit the building.
- Come to class with materials needed.
- Sharpen pencils before class.
- Begin warm-ups located on the board or overhead immediately upon entering classroom.
- Be polite and respectful.
- Ms. Price will dismiss students from class (not the bell).
- Book bags are not allowed in the classroom.
A=90 – 100
B=80 – 89
C=70 – 79
D=60 – 69
FINAL GRADE PERCENTAGES
Test and Projects = 40%
It is the student’s responsibility to make up work they miss when they are absent (within 5 days of returning to school).
*If absent please bring a note from your parent or doctor when you return to school.
Remember….the best way to predict your future is to create it!!!