Welcome to Rosewood Middle School's Counseling Department
There will be some exciting new opportunities for you as you begin your middle school 2016-2017 journey. As the school counselor, I am committed to implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that is intentional and focused on the developmental needs of RMS students. I am here if you need help with transitioning or navigating through middle school. The following should help you understand more about our school & student expectations.
The staff of Rosewood Middle School is committed to:
- Adolescents through unique
- Learning in
- Environments created for
with the support and participation of students, parents, and the community.
The vision of Rosewood Middle School is to provide an engaging environment in which students become life-long learners.
- Everyone can learn
- Everyone learns in different ways and deserves to be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Everyone learns best when they have appropriate opportunities for success.
- Each person is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Commitment is imperative to continuous improvement if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners.
I personally believe our students need the opportunity to take ownership for their educational & personal goals with the support and guidance of parents and staff. My goal is to help students by transferring personal responsibility to the student, and helping them learn life lessons through natural consequences. This helps our students become independent and resilient individuals preparing them for life and the future. In Middle School we expect the student to be responsible for their school work and personal behavior. We will help them with this transition but we will not take the responsibility away from them. I am looking forward to working with our all students & their families during the 2016-2017 school year. Our school theme this year is "Prepare To SOAR" ! Check out my counseling services page for more information about the counseling department.
Ms. Rains, RMS Counselor (919) 736-5050